Yoga takes care of every need of the human body. It makes not only the human body but also the mind healthier. It is an invaluable boon given to mankind on behalf of the great gurus of yoga science. With the effect of this blessing, Indians have not only been healthy for thousands of years. But the world has also been giving a message of healthy living.
Hastapadasana is also a similar posture of yoga science. These postures give a good stretch to the whole body and also help to increase the supply of oxygen to the brain. This posture is one of the 12 asanas of Surya Namaskar Yoga.
In this article, I will be aware of the benefits of Hastapadasana, Steps and precautions.
Also Read:- Shukasana
What is Hastapadasana ? (Standing Forward Bend)
Hastapadasana is a Sanskrit language word. The word ‘Hasta’ means hands. While the word ‘Pada’ means feet. ‘Asana’ refers to the position or posture of sitting. Thus it literally means the posture done with hands and feet.
This asana is similar to foot-signing, but there are many variations from it. In this, the feet are held with hands, so it is called Hasta-Padasana.
This posture is like a PadaHastasana, but it is very different. The legs are put to the hands, so it is called hand-padasan. The practice of it has some amazing benefits to the body. This posture not only heals your body but also gives new life.
Also Read:- Supta Vajrasana Benefits, Steps and Precaution
Benefits of Hastapadasana
The practice of Hastapadasana is a stretch on the entire back. It affects the entire part from head to toe. The extending of this posture extends from the back to the lower, middle and upper part of the body, the effect of the posture from the neck to the head, then to the forehead, and ends in the middle of the eyebrows. During this posture, the muscles and connective tissues of the body spread throughout the expansion.
Even if you don’t feel all this action, it’s really a great job for your body. The body has to be prepared before doing this posture, so do not forget to worm-up the body before doing a hand.
1. Reduces abdominal fat:- This posture helps us to reduce abdominal fat. Fat, abdominal fat or other parts of the body, is a particularly harmful type of fat that accumulates around your organs.
2. Blood sculation causes blood circulation:- Doing this posture leads to blood circulation. Blood is the most important part of the human body. Blood is the work of delivering neutrates, electrolytes, hormones, heat and oxygen throughout your body. Blood is also the work of keeping different parts of your body healthy and providing immunity to the immune system. But you know that it is very important to control your blood pressure, heart rate, blood sugar, blood type and cholesterol for the right circulation of blood.
3. Spinal cord becomes flexible:- Regular practice of this posture makes the spinal cord flexible and strong so that even in old age, the person moves and does not bend his spine. In human anatomy, the ‘ spinal cord ‘ or spinal cord is a group of back bones that go from the back of the brain to the anus. It consists of 33 blocks. Within the spinal cord, the spinal cord is preserved.
4. Beneficial in constipation acidity:- Regular practice of this posture can help relieve constipation from acidity. Constipation is the condition of the digestive system in which the feces of a person (or animal) become very stiff and have difficulty in defecation. Constipation is a state of natural change of stomach in which the amount of excreta is reduced.
5. Beneficial in digestion:- This posture helps me to keep the digestive process right. If our digestive tract is good, all stomach diseases can be relieved because most of our diseases are caused by the stomach. And we can avoid diseases.
Also Read:- Wheel Pose: Chakrasana Benefits and Steps
In addition, there are plenty of benefits to practicing hastapadasana as-
- These postures give good stretches to the back, hiccups, shin and ankles.
- Soothes the mind and gives relief from angzyti.
- Relaxes when there is a headache and an insomania problem.
- Activates the kidneys and liver.
- Also strengthens the thighs and knees.
- These postures cure high blood pressure, asthma, impotence, cyanosis and osteoporosis.
- This posture improves the stomach and reproductive organs and reduces unnecessary obesity.
- This posture makes the spinal cord powerful
- This posture provides cleanliness to the last part of the large intestine.
Also Read:- What is Santolanasana Yoga
Stand upright for this posture. Let both hands hang loose in both the armpits. The ankles of the two feet, the interconnected, and the claws also keep touching each other. Now gradually the upper part of the body. Start. First of all, bow down to the head, then the back, but the knee should not bend at all.
Now tilt the upper part of the body to the right until the ankles of the foot are caught by the fingers.
In this exercise, the ankles are also replaced by ankles. Gently release out the breathing while bending down, then place disinech in the empty space between the knees. The head can be sated in the middle of the thighs on the back. It can be gradually increased later.
This posture is somewhat difficult. Obese people find it more difficult, but the practice of continual copy proves that those who cannot touch the ankles in a macroscopic manner, practice by tilting the knees a little bit. Do not pregnant women. Young girls can do this posture effortlessly.
Time of Hastapadaasana
posture is in the currency, stop breathing and stay up to 10 seconds in the beginning. Can increase to half a minute later. Repeat this posture up to 6 times.
Precautions of Hastapadasana Yoga
Avoid practicing Hastapadasana if you have the following problems.
- Lower Back Injury.
- Tear In The Hamstrings.
- Initially, do it under the supervision of a yoga trainer.
- You can also do this asana on balance.
- Always consult a doctor before starting the practice of yoga.
Do these postures before you make hastapadasana.
- Adho Mukha Svanasana
- Janu Sirsasana
- Supta Padangusthasana
Do these postures after doing the hastapadasana.
Hastapadasana is a very good posture of yoga science. To practice hastapadasana, your feet and qua dreams should be so strong that the whole body can lift weight. But first of all, you have to conquer the fear of your mind that you do not fall while practicing.
If you fall, take a deep breath and compliment yourself for the effort and practice again. Take guidance from a qualified yoga teacher to do this posture in the early stages.